Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MTV

I was flipping through the channels the other day and I was actually surprised to see a music video on MTV. I'm pretty sure there was a time when there wasn't one reality show on MTV. They used to almost exclusively play videos and some of them had skateboarding in them. The guys at In the Gnar posted the Tom Petty free Fallin video yesterday. The video came out in 1989. Even for the time the portrayal of skateboarding was outdated. Neon spandex, beret, and early grabs on a mini ramp?



This Tom Petty video doesn't have skating in it but is much cooler.

Here are a couple other videos with skating in them..





This one wouldn't let me embed it.

I was trying to find the Sonic Youth video for 100% which featured skating buy Guy Mariano and Jason Lee but I couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure the video was directed by Spike Jonze and while looking for it I found this Spike Jonze interview.

No comments: